The Radiant Spectrum provides music lessons for children with special needs in Singapore. We work with a wide range of special needs children. Our students are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), intellectual disability (ID), selective mutism, speech delay, tics, and more. Our students are between the ages of 2 to 16. Prior to starting music lessons, every student must attend a trial assessment so that their learning and behavioural needs can be identified.
Music and Piano Lessons for special needs children: Attention is paid to learning songs that the child enjoys. Students are rewarded with a sense of accomplishment with each performance. The Radiant Spectrum avoids a rigid focus on technique and drills but will implement if the child is ready to progress further in his or her musical journey. Students will be invited to perform at our yearly recital.
Our Approach for Children with Special Needs
- Our teachers are trained to work with children with special needs and focus on building a strong therapist-child relationship so that the child will be a happy and willing learner
- We spend time to understanding the child’s strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, and set goals for areas that require improvement to design a customized curriculum
- The music curriculum is deconstructed into smaller units, and introduced to students in a gradual manner
- Each student is provided with an individualized learning programme, supplemented with songs and worksheets that support his/her interests and considers his/her learning needs
- As a student progresses, increasingly difficult challenges are introduced, from finger exercises to note reading, two-hand playing, and duet performances. Teachers are at the ready should a student require to fall back on easier tasks
Benefits of Learning Music and Piano
- Increase focus and memory retention
- Improve on-seat behaviour
- Strengthen hand-eye coordination
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Develop listening and linguistic skills
- Encourage the use of music as a communication and social tool
- Foster a love for learning
Our Student Profile
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Intellectual Disability (ID)
- Selective Mutism
- Speech Delay
- Gross and Fine Motor Skill Delay
- Customized curriculum for every student
- One to one lesson
- 45 minutes to 60 minutes per session
- From $90 per session
- Lessons are conducted at our centre, at 10 Anson Road, International Plaza (nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar)
- Parent/caregiver participation is optional
- Once or twice a week
- How I Began Teaching Autistic Children (2-Apr-19)
- Using Music to Teach a Non-Verbal Autistic Child (22-Mar-19)
- 2019 Year-End Recital (23-Jan-20)
Reviews and Testimonials
“[Samantha] taught him in a day what would have taken him months to learn! It’s hard for him to pay attention but Samantha’s methods keep him occupied, she redirects him superbly and he is always excited for Sundays… I cannot say enough about this place.
She wanted to give these kids… a chance for some semblance of normalcy through their music and tap into their hidden genius potential.
Take my word for it – you won’t regret enrolling your kid here!”– JR K
Read more testimonials here.