Samantha has an interest in helping special needs children in Singapore. She has coached a wide range of special needs children and has experience with children who are non-verbal, have ADHD, are selectively mute, or have high-functioning autism. She has worked with children between the ages of 2 to 16.
- Piano Lessons for special needs children. Attention is paid to learning songs that the child enjoys, and rewarding them with a sense of accomplishment with each performance. Samantha avoids a rigid focus on technique and drills but will implement if the child is ready to progress further in his or her musical journey. Students will be invited to perform at our yearly recital.
- Spend time understanding the child’s likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, and areas that require improvement to design a customized curriculum
- The curriculum is broken down into smaller units, supplemented with individualized songs and worksheets
- Allow the child to lead the way to his own learning by using things that he finds motivating
- Encourage the child to take on increasingly difficult challenges, at the ready should he require to fall back on easier tasks
- Focus on building a strong therapist-child relationship, so that the child will be a happy and willing learner
- Customized curriculum for every student
- One to one lesson
- 45 minutes to 60 minutes per session
- From $90 per session
- Lessons are conducted at our centre, at 10 Anson Road, International Plaza (nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar)
- Parent/caregiver participation is necessary for younger students
- Recommended once a week
Related Blog Posts
- How I Began Teaching Autistic Children (2-Apr-19)
- Using Music to Teach a Non-Verbal Autistic Child (22-Mar-19)
- 2019 Year-End Recital (23-Jan-20)
Read more testimonials here.